Skip to main content
How to update the firmware on 380GW and 380GWX Dash Cam
How do I update the firmware on my 380GW Dash Cam?
- Press and hold the Red exclamation mark on the Dashcam while you connect your Dash Cam to your computer using the provided USB cable. Release the button once the Wi-Fi button flashes blue.
- If the dash cam does not appear as a removable drive on your PC, Repeat steps 1.
- When the Dash Cam appears as a removable drive on your computer, go into 'My Computer' (Windows) or 'Finder' (Mac) and you should see the Dash Cam listed as a drive, usually called 'NEXTBASE'.
- Double (left) click on this drive. You should then see 'nextbase.com', 'nextbase.info' and 'DCIM'.
- Download the latest firmware for your 380GW here, or alternatively for your 380GWX here.
- Clicking on one of the links (shown in step 5) will download a '.zip' file to your computer.
- Open the .zip file and move the .bin file(s) onto your SD card (the location in step 5), using copy and paste.
- Now safely unplug (or Eject on Mac) your Dash Cam from your computer.
- Put the camera onto the mount and ensure the cable is plugged in directly to the mount.
- The red LED will then flash quickly on the camera as the firmware updates. Once updated, the flashing will stop.
- This will complete the firmware update and you can continue to use the Dashcam as normal.
Please sign in to leave a comment.